real-time news and commentary for investors
Wednesday, Sep 25
Stocks little changed as budget wrangling continues to weigh
- Stock futures are flat after orders for durable goods orders increased unexpectedly, with caution likely to prevail amid continued uncertainty around Fed policy and brinkmanship in Washington over government funding.
- The current four-day losing streak has trimmed nearly 2% off the S&P, and support in the 1700 area will be tested.
- In Europe, the major averages trade flat to lower despite positive data on German consumer sentiment; markets drifted lower across Asia.
- The yield on the 10-year Treasury holds steady near 2.65%.
- Still ahead: new home sales, petroleum inventories.