real-time news and commentary for investors
Sunday, Sep 29
Futures slide amid gov't shutdown worry
- S&P 500 (SPY) futures -0.8% on mounting concerns of a partial U.S. government shutdown after the House voted to tie federal government funding to a halt on key provisions of Obamacare. Adding to worries is what may be the imminent collapse of the Italian government.
- DJIA (DIA) futures -0.7%, Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) -0.6%, Russell 2000 (IWM) -0.9%. Italian FTSE MIB futures (EWI) -1.2%.
- Japan's Nikkei is off 2% in the early going and Australia's ASX 200 is down 1%.
- Gold's little-changed and WTI crude oil is down 1.1% to $101.72.
- U.S. stock index ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE, IWM, VTWO, EWRS, SRTY, TWM, RWM, TNA, URTY, UWM, TZA, SMLV, TWOK.
- Japan ETFs: EWJ, NKY, EWV, EZJ, ITF, JSC, JPP, DXJ, SCJ, DFJ, FJP, JPNL, JPNS, DXJS, JGBT, JGBL, JGBS, JGBD.
- Australia: EWA, EWAS, KROO, AUSE, FAUS, AUD, AUNZ, FXA, GDAY, CROC.