real-time news and commentary for investors
Tuesday, Oct 1
Eurozone factory activity still growing
- Eurozone manufacturing PMI edged down to 51.1 (flash 51.1) in September from 51.4 in August.
- The eurozone's recovery remains broad-based, with output rising in all nations except France and Greece, says Markit. Holland enjoyed a 29-month high of 55.8 and Ireland a 14-month high of 52.7. Manufacturers in the eurozone periphery are reporting better demand for their goods.
- However, "this is still early days in what looks like a fragile recovery," says Markit.
- The euro seems to have enjoyed a bit of a bump from the PMI figures and the EUR-USD is +0.3% to $1.3565. (PR)
- ETFs - Stocks: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU. Bonds: EU. Euro: FXE, ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX