real-time news and commentary for investors
Friday, Oct 4
Futures show small gains - no jobs report today
- Stock index futures are ahead by about 0.3% after yesterday's ugly session, with a bit of flexibility hinted at by House Speaker Boehner as good of an excuse as any to hit the buy button.
- Europe's posting moderate gains and Asia was mixed overnight.
- The 10-year Treasury yield is up 2 basis points to 2.63%.
- The Nonfarm Payrolls report will not be released today due to the shutdown.
- Index ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE.