real-time news and commentary for investors
Friday, Oct 4
Stock futures up slightly, jobs report delay leaves a void
- Stocks tick slightly higher (S&P +0.2%), looking to stabilize following a few days of sharp losses, but the government shutdown is sure to keep investors on edge.
- Deprived of the monthly non-farm payrolls report, markets instead will bounce off the words of the politicians responsible for shutting down the government that issues the report.
- Overseas action is subdued, with markets in China remaining closed for Golden Week.
- On the corporate front, Twitter unveiled the regulatory filing for its $1B IPO,.
- Light selling has Treasury yields up close to 2 bps, with the benchmark 10-year yield holding at 2.625%; the dollar moves higher.