real-time news and commentary for investors
Friday, Oct 4
The numbers don't lie: Food and restaurant IPOs rocking this year
- Restaurant chains in the U.S. have struggled to keep same-store sales growth over the 25 level and food companies have seen margins pinched, but new faces in the sector have done amazingly well.
- Potbelly (PBPB) is up 135% over its IPO opening price today.
- Noodles (NDLS) maintained an even keel since its first couple of weeks of trading, up 139% post-IPO.
- Fairway (FWM) is the laggard of the bunch, trading at a 95% premium to the food seller's IPO price.
- Earlier: Which restaurant chain will test the IPO waters next?