real-time news and commentary for investors
Wednesday, Oct 9
Global stocks higher as investors mull prospects of Yellen as Fed chief
- Global equities are looking decidedly positive as markets weigh the prospect of the dovish Janet Yellen becoming the Chairperson of the Fed against the continuing deadlock in Washington over the federal budget and debt cap.
- The release of the FOMC minutes today should provide further insight into the Fed's thinking.
- Japan +1%, Hong Kong -0.6% , China +0.6%, India +1.15%.
- EU Stocks 50 +0.5%, London -0.1%, Paris +0.6%, Frankfurt +0.1%, Madrid +0.8%, Milan +1.1%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.3%. S&P +0.4%. Nasdaq +0.4%.