real-time news and commentary for investors
Friday, Oct 11
Seattle Genetics trades lower after highlighting new Adcetris data
- Shares of Seattle Genetics (SGEN -1.8%) are notably weaker in morning trading.
- In a press release, the company highlighted some data from ongoing clinical trials for the relapsed/ refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma treatment Adcetris.
- In one investigator-sponsored Phase 2 trial enrolling seven untreated advanced stage HL patients, the company said that after two cycles of treatment, "all patients experienced Grade 3 or higher adverse events, including neutropenia (three patients), diarrhea (three patients), infection (two patients) and pancreatitis (two patients)."
- SGEN noted that in this particular trial, "one patient death occurred due to acute pancreatitis."
- "Enrollment of the study was temporarily suspended but has since re-opened with monitoring of pancreatic enzymes as well as an exclusion criterion for prior history of pancreatitis," the company notes. (PR)