real-time news and commentary for investors
Tuesday, Oct 15
German investors remain confident
- The German ZEW survey of investor confidence has climbed to 52.8 in October from 49.6 in September and topped consensus that was also 49.6.
- However, the current situation print has slipped to 29.7 from 30.6 and missed forecasts of 31.
- Sentiment for the eurozone has risen to 59.1 from 58.6 but undershot expectations of 59.4.
- "The financial market experts remain optimistic," says ZEW President Clemens Fuest. "At present a greater impact of the debate on the debt ceiling in the USA is not visible."
- The euro takes a tumble vs the dollar and is -0.2% to $1.3529. The Dax is +0.7%. (PR)
- Relevant ETFs - Stocks: FGM, EWG, GERJ, EWGS, DBGR. Bonds: BUNL, BUNT, BUND, GGOV Euro: ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX