real-time news and commentary for investors
Tuesday, Oct 22
More on ARM Q3: Net profit climbs 17.4%
- ARM's (ARMH) net profit +17.4% to £48.5M; revenue and pretax profit come in above consensus.
- Expects Q4 revenue of $290M, "assuming the macroeconomic situation does not deteriorate significantly." Has record order backlog and a "robust opportunity pipeline."
- 2.5B ARM-based chips shipped, +14% on year.
- Broadcom (BRCM) to create a new 64-bit chip based on ARM's technology for enterprise networking applications.
- Licensing revenue +54% to £68M, royalties +16% to £78.7M. Advanced technology enables a higher royalty percentage per chip
- Signs a record 48 licenses with 24 companies in Q3, 11 of which are new customers. Has already signed four large licensing deals this quarter.
- Shares -2.8% in London. (Previous) (PR)