real-time news and commentary for investors
Thursday, Oct 24
Unilever's Q3 sales slide 6.5%, underlying growth slows
- Unilever's (UL) Q3 revenues dropped 6.5% to €12.5B ($17.2B), affected by currency swings and disposals.
- Underlying sales growth slowed to 3.2% from 5.9% last year and was the company's worst performance since Q4 2009.
- Expansion in emerging markets slowed to 5.9% from 12.1%.
- "Emerging markets continue to be the main driver of our growth, and, despite the current slow-down, they remain a significant growth opportunity which the company is well-placed to capitalize on," said CEO Paul Polman.
- Shares -0.7% in London. (PR)