real-time news and commentary for investors
Thursday, Oct 24
French factory activity slips
- French Flash manufacturing PMI falls to 49.4 in October from 49.8 in September.
- Manufacturing output rises to 49.5 from 48.5.
- Services falls to 50.2 from 51.
- Composite slips to 50.1 from 50.5.
- "A slower fall in manufacturing output offset a softer showing from the service sector," says Markit. "Although new business slipped back into contraction, stabilizing employment and improved service sector business expectations provide some signs of encouragement."
- CAC 40 (EWQ) +0.1%. (PR)