real-time news and commentary for investors
Wednesday, Oct 30
MetLife lower after Q3 results
- Book value per share excluding AOCI OF $47.99, up a hair from $47.70 a year ago. Operating earnings of $1.5B up 6%. Operating earnings per share of $1.34 up just 2%.
- Americas operating earnings of $1.3B up 7% on revenue of $8.7B up 4%. Latin America premiums, fees, and other revenues gained 14% on a reported basis, gained 17% without currency fluctuations.
- Asia operating earnings of $257M fell 1% on reported basis, but gained 7% without currency fluctuations. Adjusting for one-time charges, earnings were higher by 17%. Premiums, fees, and other revenues fell 5% reported, but gained 12% on constant currency.
- EMEA earnings of $85M gained 37% on a reported basis, gained 28% on constant currency.
- CC tomorrow at 8 ET.
- Q3 results, press release.
- MET -2% AH.