real-time news and commentary for investors
Monday, Nov 4
China HSBC services PMI ticks up in October
- China October HSBC Services PMI: 52.6 versus 52.4 previous.
- The read on the non-manufacturing sector "should help cement China's growth momentum in the coming months," HSBC economist Qu Hongbin says.
- Although the generally upbeat tone of the report is consistent with the October read for the country's official non-manufacturing PMI, the two reports paint a different picture with regard to the new orders sub-index.
- The HSBC report has new order growth "accelerating to a seven-month high," while the official report had the index dropping to 51.6 from 53.4 in September.
- Full report
- ETFs - Stocks: FXI, GXC, PGJ, YAO, FCHI, PEK, CAF, YXI, XPP, FXP, MCHI, YINN, YANG, TCHI, CHXF, KFYP, HAO, ECNS. Bonds: DSUM, CHLC. Currency: CNY, CYB, FXCH