Late last week, I passed a new milestone on Seeking Alpha: 1,000 followers. To me, this is a tremendous accomplishment, and while I will celebrate briefly today, this is by no means an end for me. I'm now focusing on 1,500, and then 2,000, and so on.
I've been writing for Seeking Alpha since early September, and have gotten about 300 articles published. It has been a tremendous experience and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. There have been times where I have been right, times where I have been wrong. I can easily learn from both, and I have. I will continue to learn. So for all of those involved, I thank you. That includes my followers, readers, those who have commented on my articles, and even the SA Editors and Team, who have allowed me to participate in this great website.
As a small treat, I have provided links below to the five articles I most enjoyed writing, in no particular order.
- Is Deckers Outdoor A Short Candidate? - This was probably my best written article, in terms of a stock you should short. My stance on Deckers (NASDAQ:DECK) has been right all along.
- Apple's Post-Recession Financials: Glorious - This article was my most complete breakdown of a company's financials, from the income statement to the balance sheet. It shows why Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) has become so large and so great in recent years.
- 6 Stocks To Be Careful With Going Into Earnings - This started as a one-time thing, but has now become a quarterly series. While I was mostly right with these names, that wasn't the point. The point is that there are times to make money, and there are times where you should try to just NOT lose money.
- Recent Sell-Off in Philip Morris Makes Great Buying Opportunity - A bunch of analysts downgraded Philip Morris (NYSE:PM) on valuation concerns near $80, sending the stock down to $73. But the company has plenty of growth ahead, a tremendous dividend, and is buying back plenty of stock. The dip was a perfect buying opportunity, and I have continued to recommend buying the name on pullbacks.
- Apple Earnings Preview - Don't Expect The Moon - My first complete prediction of a company's earnings, going very in depth into product line previews, margins, etc. Yes, I was right on a few predictions. But the determination of how you get to the numbers, both on the top and bottom line, is the real key.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.