Tuesday, September 20, 2011 Stock Market Performance
|Includes:AAPL, BIDU, GLD, LULU, NTES, PCLN, QQQ, SPRD, SPDR S&P 500 Trust ETF (SPY), UUP, XLK, XLU, XLY
- Major indexes were up at least 1.1% each but reversed course and gave up their gains finishing in a range up 0.1% to down 0.9%.
- SP 500 $SPX $SPY support/resistance moved down from 1,204 to 1,199 and 1,217 to 1,204.
- Nasdaq Composite $COMPX $QQQ support moved lower from 2,602 to 2,580 and resistance moved lower from 2,616 to 2,598.
- Nasdaq Composite above 21 but moved below 50 day moving average and remains below 200 day moving average.
- Defensive sector utilities $XLU was up 1.5% on heavy volume.
- Risk trade sectors consumer discretionary $XLY and technology $XLK were lower on moderately heavier volume.
- US Dollar ETF $UUP was unchanged on lower volume while the other ETFs were higher on very lower volume.
- Gold $GLD rose 1.4% but volume was very low.
- $BIDU was down on heavy volume.
- $SPRD and $PCLN rose on moderately heavier volume.
- $AAPL was basically unchanged on moderately heavier volume and $LULU/$NTES declined on moderately heavier volume.
- Based on stocks I follow the stock market direction is bearish and has been active for 1 trading session.