Friday, September 23, 2011 Stock Market Performance
|Includes:GLD, QQQ, SLV, SLW, SPRD, SPDR S&P 500 Trust ETF (SPY), TLT, USO, UUP, XLB, XLE, XLI, XLK, XLY
- After yesterday's brutal sell-off stocks rose with the indices gaining at least 0.4% today palpable to the prior session's losses.
- The broader SP 500 $SPX $SPY support level moved up slightly from 1,128 to 1,130 while resistance remains the same at 1,150.
- The support/resistance levels for the Nasdaq Composite $COMPX $QQQ moved higher from 2,381 to 2,470 and from 2,468 to 2,483.
- SP 500 and Nasdaq Composite remain below their moving averages (21, 50, 200).
- SP 500 did not test its August closing low of 1,119 in today's session.
- Nasdaq Composite continues to have an open gap down to 2,537.
- $XLY $XLK $XLI rose 1% plus on moderately heavier volume while $XLE was down 1.1% on moderately heavier volume.
- $XLB was down slightly on moderately heavier volume.
- Silver $SLV and gold $GLD were down heavy 14.2% and 5.5% on heavy volume.
- The US Dollar $UUP was down 0.3% on heavy volume.
- Oil $USO was slightly down on volume that was moderately heavier.
- Bonds $TLT were down 1.9% on below average volume.
- $SLW was down 8.9% on heavier volume.
- $SPRD was down 3.3% on lower volume.
- Based on stocks I follow the stock market direction is neutral and has been active 1 trading session.