John W. Allen, Chairman & CEO of Greater China Corporation, will present at Golden Networking's China Leaders Forum 2011, "How American Companies Can Plug into the Chinese Rocket-Propelled Economy?", www.ChinaLeadersForum.com, October 7, New York City. China Leaders Forum 2011 will examine the challenges facing American companies that want to grow and expand their business in China, the opportunities to find Chinese investment partners that can provide a much-needed capital injection while opening the Chinese market, as well as important considerations to look at so that the high-powered Chinese rocket doesn’t crash anytime soon.
Mr. Allen has been actively involved in Asia and China for over 30 years. He is also a Trustee of the Chinese Cultural Foundation and Member of the China Investment Group LLC. He assisted in founding AIESEC in China, in Mongolia and throughout Latin America and has served as Chairman of the Board of AIESEC, U.S. (a student-run exchange program operating in more than 100 countries) and Chairman of AIESEC Yale.
Upon graduation from Yale University and the Harvard Business School he became Assistant to Professor George Cabot Lodge for the development of case material for Harvard in Central America. He then joined the Bank of Boston where he eventually headed the global investment subsidiary, Boston Overseas Financial Corporation with investment activities in 36 countries throughout the world including the startup of IBJ Leasing in Japan. Later, he joined Schroder Bank and Trust Company as Assistant to James D. Wolfensohn (recent head of the World Bank). Following this he became President of the International Securities Exchange Corporation. He is also CEO of Spring Investment Corporation whose activities have included serving as Chairman of "Venture Japan", and Turtlesnap Ventures, which is developing a network of facilities for starting entrepreneurial led companies around the world.
In the philanthropic arena, Mr. Allen has served as Trustee of the Soros Open Society Institute and as one of three Trustees of the International Science Foundation along with George Soros and Nobel Laureate James Watson. He has been actively involved in helping to formulate global policy initiatives as Vice Chairman of the Business Council for the United Nations, Director of the World Policy Institute, Director of the International Business and Academic Council, Advisor to Womensphere and the Oslo Center for Peace and Human Rights - USA.
China Leaders Forum 2011 is produced by Golden Networking (www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Upcoming Golden Networking's Forums and Business Receptions include:
• China Happy Hour New York (www.ChinaHappyHour.com), September 27, New York
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Chicago (hfthappyhourchicago.eventbrite.com), September 27, Chicago
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Chicago, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (thespeedtradersworkshopchicago.eventbrite.com), October 3, Chicago
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Chicago, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumchicago.eventbrite.com), October 3-5, Chicago
• Venture Capital Happy Hour New York (www.vchappyhour.com), October 4, New York City
• China Leaders Forum 2011 New York, "How American Companies Can Plug into the Chinese Rocket-Propelled Economy?" (www.ChinaLeadersForum.com), October 7, New York
• Hedge Funds Happy Hour New York (www.hfhappyhour.com), October 11, New York City
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour New York (www.hfthappyhour.com), October 11, New York City
• Private Equity Happy Hour New York (pehappyhour.com), October 19, New York
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Sao Paulo, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (thespeedtradersworkshopsaopaulo.eventbri...), October 24, Sao Paulo
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Sao Paulo, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumsaopaulo.eventbrite.com), October 24-26, Sao Paulo, Brazil
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Hong Kong (hfthappyhourhongkong.eventbrite.com), October 27, Hong Kong
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Singapore (hfthappyhoursingapore.eventbrite.com), October 27, Singapore
• Public Finance Leaders Forum 2011 New York, "Navigating Uncharted Territories After S&P's U.S. Debt Downgrade from its Gilt-Edged AAA Credit Rating" (www.PublicFinanceLeadersForum.com), November 9, New York
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Singapore, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (thespeedtradersworkshopsingapore.eventbr...), November 13, Singapore
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Singapore, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumsingapore.eventbrite.com), November 13-15, Singapore
• The Speed Traders Workshop 2011 Hong Kong, "The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading" (thespeedtradersworkshophk.eventbrite.com), December 12, Hong Kong
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Hong Kong , "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumhongkong.eventbrite.com), December, 12-14, Hong Kong
Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections", Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market", Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10".