Richard Foster, Senior Faculty Fellow at the Yale School of Management, will present at Golden Networking's China Leaders Forum 2011, "How American Companies Can Plug into the Chinese Rocket-Propelled Economy?", www.ChinaLeadersForum.com, October 7, New York City, forum that will examine the challenges facing American companies that want to grow and expand their business in China, the opportunities to find Chinese investment partners that can provide a much-needed capital injection while opening the Chinese market, as well as important considerations to look at so that the high-powered Chinese rocket doesn’t crash anytime soon.
Mr. Foster was a Director and Senior Partner with McKinsey & Company where he founded several practices including the Technology and Innovation practice, the healthcare practice and the private equity practice. From 1995 to 1998 he led McKinsey’s worldwide knowledge development.
Mr. Foster’s research interests are in the relationships between capital formation, innovation and regulation. Mr. Foster has written two best-selling books: “Innovation: The Attacker’s Advantage” (1986) and “Creative Destruction” (2001), as well as several dozen articles in research and popular journals. In 1999 – 2000, Mr. Foster was the external leader of the Council on Foreign Relations Study Group on Innovation and Economic Power which led to the publication of, “Technological Innovation and Economic Performance”, Princeton University Press (2001).
Mr. Foster is Managing Partner of Investment & Advisory Services, LLC. He is a Venture Partner with Lux Capital, and a Partner in Mansa Health Equity Partners. Mr. Foster is a member of the board of directors of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer, Executive Committee, W. M. Keck Foundation, Executive Committee, Council for Aid to Education, Strategy Committee Chair, athenahealth, Nominating & Governance Committee Chair, Innosight, LLC, Lead Director, and Trust Company of the West, Audit Committee.
In addition, Mr. Foster is a member of the Yale School of Medicine Dean’s Advisory Board, Harvard Medical School Health Care Policy Advisory Committee, National Academies President’s Circle, Co-Chair, National Research Council, Policy and Global Affairs Committee, Goldman Sachs Chambers Street Executive Network, Institute of Medicine, Healthcare Data Initiative Roundtable, Chair. In the past Mr. Foster has been a member of the board of the Council on Foreign Relations, and the Santa Fe Institute. Mr. Foster was elected a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences in 2008. Mr. Foster received his BS, MS, and PhD from Yale University in Engineering and Applied Science.
China Leaders Forum 2011 is produced by Golden Networking (www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders and Experts Forums, including:
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 DVD Video Package, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World", www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop DVD Video Package, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", www.HFTExpertsWorkshop.com
• 2nd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, "Is the Chinese Dragon Poised for Global Dominance or Economic Implosion?", www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate", www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com
• Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework", www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", www.HFTExpertsForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
• China Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Present Wave of Chinese Globalization", www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections", Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market", Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10".