Here a couple of things I am looking at weather-wise. There's far more in my daily extreme weather newsletter...
- Republic (RJET), ExpressJet and SkyWest (NASDAQ:SKYW) are racking up flight cancellations this quarter. It is nowhere near as bad as it was during the winter. United Airlines (NYSE:UAL) will continue to have issues with thunderstorms at Denver through the end of Q2.
- A lot of hail fell on Nebraska, southwest Iowa and northeast Missouri Tuesday. I saw a report or two of crop damage and it will be interesting to see how crops fared overall. Up to 5" of rain will fall on southwest Missouri through Sunday, so that will stress crops there.
- The weather across the Northeast will continue to be on the cool side through the end of June. This is close to the optimum weather for beverage sales because it is okay for both coffee and iced drinks.
- The vegetation health across California's Central Valley is bleak.
- Vegetation across much of India is stressed.
These are just tidbits I am pondering and recommendations are not implied.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.