Here are some of the weather stories that will impact stocks and commodities this week - or at least potentially...
- A tropical depression will move from east of Jacksonville FL Monday to east of Cape Hatteras NC of Friday, then continue to the NE.
- Cedar Fair (NYSE:FUN) is losing parking and concession revenue at Minnesota's largest theme park, ValleyFair. Flood waters from the Minnesota River will gradually recede but, as of June 29, three rides are closed.
- Cool temperatures are likely across the Midwest all week. Temperatures will be 2F to 4F colder than normal.
- Cropland flooding is likely Monday through Tuesday across southern Wisconsin, northern Illinois and extreme eastern Iowa. Up to 6 inches of rain will fall. Milwaukee will see some street flooding. The storms will be awfully close to Chicago, too, and if they move a little to the south the Windy City will see some flooding.
- The India monsoon is still sputtering along. Most of the country has had rainfall 50% of normal or less. El Nino is no friend to the monsoon.
- Finally, a tropical storm may form Saturday near 20N/140E. It will likely pass south of Japan the week after next.
Those are a couple of the weather-related impacts I'm watching.
Disclosure: The author has no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.
Additional disclosure: This is only a snippit of what I am watching. Trade at your own risk.