Erected in 1930 which some say coincides with the beginning of the Great Depression, The Empire State Building, a $40,948,900 construction project including the land it occupies, would have been a true Penny Stock back in those days. It now could IPO in 2012.
It took a mere one and a half years to complete the 102 story structure, an impossibility in today’s world of labor unions, and staggering 81 years before the star attraction representing the wealth of a nation is to grace its presence on the NYSE. The iconic building remained the world’s tallest until 1972 when many of today’s investors were born and only the wealthy knew the value about penny stocks. The American cultural icon at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and West 34th Street in New York City is one of the main reasons people flock to the big apple. Its roof height of 1,250 feet (381 meters) with its antenna spire included stands a total of 1,454 feet (443.2 m) high.
The mega structure derived the nickname for New York, the Empire State. Following the events which took place September 11, 2011, the Empire State Building reclaimed the distinction as the tallest building in New York. Among the most famous skyscrapers in the world, the public will soon be able to own a piece of the Empire State Building through an initial public offering. This may be the best IPO bargain in years.
Malkin Holdings LLC holds the majority interest in the building. Their plan is to take a REIT public, most likely in 2012. The colossal Empire State Building will be included among the structures in the real estate portfolio of that REIT.
Not to be confused with recent IPO’s like LinkedIn (NYSE: LNKD) and Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN), the Empire State Building has an operating history of almost a century long. Its predictable capital investment level based on decades of expenses and the cash flow from the building is equally predictable because of its long history of what tenants pay and will pay per square foot. The Empire State Building is one of the few IPOs of the past few years or next few in which there is safety and security in the financial projections. Unlike coupons or social networking, they do not depend on new businesses.
Media outlets have pointed out that The Empire State Building is so well known that demand for the IPO will be as monstrous as the building itself. The new stock certificates alone will be memorabilia even though the initial public offering will be new. Recent IPOs such as Groupon and Linkedln have lost half their value in just a couple of weeks. But they do not have solid operating histories — not like the Empire State Building.
- In 1995, the building was lit up in blue, red, green and yellow for the release of Microsoft's Windows 95 operating system, which was launched with a $300 million campaign.
- The building has also been known to be illuminated in purple and white in honor of graduating students from New York University and blue and white in honor of those graduating from Columbia University.
- The building has been lit in lavender for gay rights events, particularly during Gay Pride Week in June.
- Every October 12, in honor of Christopher Columbus, the building is lit in green, white and red to celebrate Columbus Day and the discovery of America.
- Every year in September, the building is lit in black, red, and yellow, with the top lights off (for black) to celebrate the German-American Steuben Parade on Fifth Avenue.
- Every March 25, the building is lit in blue and white to commemorate Greek Independence Day
- The building was lit green for three days in honor of the Islamic holiday of Eid ul-Fitr in October 2007, the first for a Muslim holiday, and is intended to be an annual event.
- In December 2007, the building was lit yellow to signify the home video release of The Simpsons Movie.
- From April 25–27, 2008 the building was lit in lavender, pink, and white in celebration of international pop diva Mariah Carey's accomplishments in the world of music and the release of her eleventh studio album E=MC2.
- In late October 2008, the building was lit green in honor of the fifth anniversary of the acclaimed Broadway Musical Wicked by Kerry Ellis and Stephen Schwartz.
- Starting in 2008, the building, along with New York City and many other cities around the world, participated in Earth Hour when the skyscraper’s floodlights were turned off for exactly an hour to conserve energy.
- In September 2009, the building was lit for one night in orange colors, in celebration of the exploration of Manhattan Island by Henry Hudson 400 years earlier.
- In 2009, the building was lit for one night in red and yellow, the colors of the People's Republic of China, to celebrate the 60 years since its founding.
- On May 25, 2010, the building was lit with blue and white to commemorate the bicentenary of Argentina's May Revolution.
- On July 12, 2010, the floodlights were red, yellow and red, to celebrate Spain´s victory at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- On July 20, 2010, the building was lit with Colombia's colors, yellow, blue and red, to mark the bicentenary of Colombian independence.
- As is traditional every year, on September 15, the building is lit with Mexico's colors (green, white and red) to mark the anniversary of Mexico's independence.
- On April 29, 2011, the building was lit in red, white, and blue, the colors of the Union Flag at sunset in celebration of the Royal Wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Kate Middleton.
- On June 24, 2011, the building was lit in a rainbow of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet after New York passed a same-sex marriage bill.
- On July 15, 2011, the building was illuminated with red, blue and white for the celebration of Bastille Day.
- On September 12, 2011, the building was illuminated with blue, for the opening of the Memorial section of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.
- On one day in 2012, it seems highly likely that any investor lucky enough to get in on the IPO of this REIT is going to be lighting up their portfolio in Green for profits.
Target Your Profits Higher!
DO NOT BASE ANY INVESTMENT DECISION UPON ANY MATERIALS FOUND ON THIS BLOG POST.
Visit AimHighProfits.com to learn more about these companies and about Penny Stocks To Watch.