- The 25-day quiet period on underwriter research for VNOM will expire on July 12, allowing the firm's IPO underwriters to publish research reports on July 13.
- In anticipation of positive analyst reports, share prices often rise two days before the quiet period expiration.
- VNOM's IPO priced well above its expected range, saw an impressive 24.4% first day return, and has since bounced between $32 and $34 per share.
- While domestic oil companies remain more stable bets than their foreign counterparts; we recommend VNOM as a Buy.
- Additional information here.
Disclosure: The author is long VNOM.