Seeking Alpha

Mark Chael's  Instablog

Mark Chael
Send Message
Registered US Patent Attorney with more than 13 years experience handling all aspects of intellectual property including patents, trademarks, opinions, litigation, due diligence, etc. Prior experience includes more than 10 years at the lab bench engaged in biological and biochemical R&D.
  • Roche Holding Looking To Buy Remainder Of Chugai Pharma 2 comments
    Aug 18, 2014 11:17 PM

    According to Bloomberg, Roche Holding AG owns about 60% of Chugai Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. and is now attempting to buyout the remaining 40%. At present, the deal is estimated to be around $10 billion. Chugai and Roche are currently partnering for oncology and arthritis treatments. Chugai denies that buyout talks are taking place.

    Disclosure: The author has no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.

Back To Mark Chael's Instablog HomePage »

Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.

Comments (2)
Track new comments
  • kyockprof
    , contributor
    Comments (4) | Send Message
    Mark, now that the ITMN acquisition has been announced, would you care to comment on Chugai's possible acquisition
    by Roche.?
    Roche to sell its 60% stake in Chugai?
    Roche to wait & choose its time to strike, like it did with Genentech?
    25 Aug 2014, 11:53 PM Reply Like
  • Mark Chael
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message
    Author’s reply » Chugai categorically denied the buyout report the next day. With the Intermune news, it would seem likely that any alleged Chugai deal would be on hold until after Roche integrates its new holding.
    27 Aug 2014, 12:47 AM Reply Like
Full index of posts »


More »

Latest Comments

Instablogs are Seeking Alpha's free blogging platform customized for finance, with instant set up and exposure to millions of readers interested in the financial markets. Publish your own instablog in minutes.