Ariba, an SAP Company, and Discover Financial Services today unveiled Ariba Pay. The new service, to be offered by Ariba, is expected to transform B2B payments by eliminating paper transactions, providing better visibility into cash flow, and producing rich remittance information that improves reconciliation processes for buyers and sellers.
The cloud-based service. announced at the Ariba LIVE conference, will combine the applications and insights embedded in the Ariba Network and deliver them through a trusted and secure global-payments infrastructure to streamline and enhance settlement and reconciliation of business commerce. The service is expected to be generally available in 2014. [Disclosure: Ariba is a sponsor of BriefingsDirect podcasts.]
"It's the classic joke: The check is in the mail. But few companies find it funny," said Kevin Costello, president, Ariba. "Buyers are drowning in paper, and sellers have no idea when -- or how much -- they will be paid. AribaPay will effectively eliminate these issues."
AribaPay will provide a way for buyers to create purchase orders, receive invoices, and send payments, while sellers receive more-detailed remittance information in a fast, secure, electronic environment.Improving commerce
"Ariba and Discover are seizing the opportunity to digitize a share of the estimated $30 trillion in B2B payments that are still mostly made with paper checks," said Roger Hochschild, president and chief operating officer for Discover. "Discover is broadening its network capabilities and infrastructure and choosing diverse business partners like Ariba to move beyond facilitating payments to enabling and improving business commerce."
For buyers and sellers connected to the Ariba Network, AribaPay will deliver data that shows what payments represent at the invoice and line-item level, fueling faster, more accurate reconciliation on both sides.
Other benefits include:
- Lower processing cost
- Richer remittance advice
- Reduced fraud risk
- Elimination of paper checks and invoices
- Fewer payments lost to escheatment
- Ability to track and trace transactions
- Faster reconciliation and dispute resolution
To learn more about AribaPay and the benefits it is expected to deliver, visit: www.aribapay.comYou may also be interested in:
- The Networked Economy Newly Forges Innovation Forces for Collaboration in Business and Commerce, Syas Author Zach Tumin
- Collboration-Enhanced Procurement and AP Automation Maximize Productivity and Profit Gains in Networked Economy, Says Ariba's Drew Hofler
- Ariba Network Helps Cox Enterprises Manage Procurement Across Six Different ERP Systems
- Ariba CMO Tim Minahan on how networked economy benefits spring from improved business commerce and cloud processes
- Ariba and Discover to Transform B2B Payments with AribaPay
- Discover and Ariba partner for B2B Payments