ExxonMobil has reported an 18% YoY fall in Q3-2013 net profit to $7.87 billion. The results were dragged by weak refining margins.
Q3-2013 financial highlights:
- Revenue of $112.3 billion, down 1% YoY
- Upstream earnings of $6.7 billion, up 12% YoY
- Downstream earning of $592 million, down 82% YoY
- Chemical division earnings of $1.02 billion, up 29% YoY
- Capex up 15% YoY to $10.5 billion
- Upstream capex of $9.4 billion; US capex of $2.3 billion, up 18%; non-US capex of $7.1 billion, up 14% YoY
Q3-2013 operational highlights:
- Production up 1.5% YoY to 4.01 MMBOE/d
- Liquids production of 2.2 MMBOE/d, up 4% YoY
- Gas production of 1.82 MMBOE/d, down 1.3% YoY
- Refinery throughput of 4.8 MMbbl/d, down 1.6% YoY
- Commenced gas production from Kipper Tuna Turrum project in Australia
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.