The stock market has been volatile lately in the wake of so much uncertainty about the US and China economies along with the debt crisis in Europe but a quick glance at a few predictions from NextCandle.com's highest probability list shows our stock predictions to be right on the money. On Friday before the market opened, NextCandle.com gave the following stock predictions:
- magicJack VocalTec (NASDAQ:CALL) had an 89% probability of a lower low.
- Ascent Solar Technologies (NASDAQ:ASTI) had an 82% probability of a lower low.
- A-Power Energy Generation Systems (OTC:APWR) had an 88% probability of a lower low.
And the results when the market closed on Friday:
- magicJack VocalTec (CALL) opened at $16.75, had a daily trading range of $15.84 to $17.17 and closed up 0.48% at $16.89. magicJack VocalTec (CALL), which is a provider of voice-over-Internet-Protocol (VoIP) services, had immediately sank to the $16 level upon opening, proving our stock forecasts correct, but then the stock began to rally strongly by 3 pm. Apparently, options on magicJack VocalTec (CALL) had some of the biggest percentage changes in implied volatility from the previous trading day.
- Ascent Solar Technologies (ASTI) opened at $0.54, had a daily trading range of $0.53 to $0.57 and closed down 3.73% at $0.539. Ascent Solar Technologies, which is a development stage company formed to commercialize flexible photovoltaic (PV) modules, is still up 38.2% since the start of the year but it's been steadily trending downward since late January plus its down around 93% since 2007.
- A-Power Energy Generation Systems (OTC:APWR) opened at $0.29, had a daily trading range of $0.27 to $0.29 and closed down 6.90% at $0.270. A-Power Energy Generation Systems (OTC:APWR), which is involved in providing onsite distributed power generation systems and micro power grids for industrial companies, got suspended from NASDAQ last year. The stock is also down over 92% over the past year.
With so much uncertainty impacting the market, there are plenty of opportunities for savvy traders to profit - especially when Next Candle's stock forecasts for magicJack VocalTec (CALL), Quepasa Corporation (QPSA) and A-Power Energy Generation Systems (OTC:APWR) were right on the money.
NOTE: THIS PIECE WAS JUST POSTED ON THE NEXTCANDLE.COM BLOG.