Airlines, shipping and newspaper stocks have been notoriously volatile in recent years - especially with the uncertain economy. Nevertheless and on Friday, NextCandle.com gave the following stock predictions for stocks in these sectors:
- Spirit Airlines (NASDAQ:SAVE) had an 80% probability of making a higher high.
- Diana Containerships (NASDAQ:DCIX) had an 88% probability of making a lower low.
- The McClatchy Company (NYSE:MNI) had an 81% probability of making a lower low.
And the results on Friday when the market closed:
- Spirit Airlines (SAVE) opened higher at $18.95, had a trading range of $18.78 to $19.20 for the day and closed 0.95% higher at $19.03. Spirit Airlines (SAVE), which provides air services throughout the United States, the Caribbean and Latin America, was one of the few airline stocks moving higher as US Airways Group (LCC) fell about 4.3% and Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) fell 3.4% to drag down much of the airline sector.
- Diana Containerships (DCIX) opened at $7.39 and immediately sunk lower. However and by 11 am, Diana Containerships (DCIX) had rallied back to its opening rice, put in a range of $7.30 to $7.49 for the entire day and closed 0.40% higher at $7.45. Diana Containerships (DCIX), which is based in Greece and owns and operates eight containerships in the beaten down shipping sector, recently announced that it expects to pay a dividend of 30 cents per share for the second quarter, up from 25 cents in May thanks to earnings having been boosted by higher time-charter revenue and a bigger fleet size. Otherwise, Diana Containerships (DCIX) already has a forward dividend of $1 for an already dividend yield of 13.5%.
- The McClatchy Company (MNI), which had closed at $2.08 on Thursday, immediately opened lower at $2.05, had a trading range of $1.05 to $3.04 for the day and closed down 0.48% at $2.07. The McClatchy Company (MNI) offers an array of print and digital products plus it owns stakes in CareerBuilder.com, Cars.com, Apartments.com and HomeFinder.com. However, The McClatchy Company (MNI) is down about 925 over the past five years and more than 96% over the past ten years as it, like other newspaper stocks, struggle to figure out a new business model.
In other words and if you trade stocks like Spirit Airlines (SAVE), Diana Containerships (DCIX) and The McClatchy Company (MNI) in the volatile airline, shipping and newspaper sectors, NextCandle.com would have helped you to have a profitable Friday.
NOTE: THIS PIECE WAS JUST POSTED ON THE NEXTCANDLE.COM BLOG.