Please know that most of the media including inter active websites consist of 4 types of people:
1. Real active players, traders and active investors
2. Watchers, economists, journalists and commentators
3. Newsletter writers, publicity seeking small stock promoters or vested interests
4. General investors, crowd, wanna bes and just about anyone who thinks he is a master of the markets.
Most commonly people follow and read to the NO 2 types. and then another large group falls prey to No 3 types. Unfortunately the number 2 types are usually most unsuccessful traders and useless investors because just talking of Economy or macro policies does not make one a great trader. These people must never be read unless there is a genuine researched view.,
The Number 3 types are most dangerous, frauds in most cases who just speculate and since they have failed in their careers they just want to sell some crap in form of great stock advisories. On top they charge, rip off and make fat claims. FYI MOST of these newsletter promottion letters are written by professional creative writers who use fake non existing quotes from "real winners" like a fisherman in Alabama makes 30k in one week buying their option newsletter or a teacher in Ohio makes 75k per month etc. THESE are all fake bastards who must be whipped and reported. 99% of them are thieves and they must be in jail or reported.
The real traders who write concise, precise blogs or articles are driven by real time information, instinct and value in their vision and writing. It takes time to understand a particular players strategy. They could be followed only if you understand their style or strategy or timing. You wont follow a sleepy trader who trades once a year if you are a day or swing trader.
To be successful in the market you must do following:
1. Follow or read unique specialized traders and real time players
2. People who post a subtle and precise fundamental or technical analysis with absolute clarity who usually do have active part in the market.
3. People who work on timing of the markets that involves forecasting in any form. You will notice that forecasters who gossip or just speculate are many but there are a small group of people who really make sense. When you see that a forecaster or so called great trader with forecasting is bluffing or mostly failed or stuck permanently with a bullish or bearish attitude leave immediately.
Best of all do not be firm in your views.
Change with the markets
Do your own analysis
Look for second and third confirmation from a genuine source you believe
Look for general macro trend of the week and fortnight
Trade max with one week to 21 days in hindsight
Get out immediately or tighten stop loss when you are sure things are going against.
Do not waste time in hope, free tips, trying to find gold in the maze of 10000 blogs, news and commentaries from guys who just write vague, general commentaries.