In a press release dated June 3, 2013, the Securities & Exchange Commission suspended trading in 61 shell companies that are lying dormant on the over-the-counter market and which it deems are ripe for fraud.
Since microcap companies are very thinly traded they have great potential for abuse by fraudsters who highjack them and use them for "pump and dump" schemes and other fraudulent activities. Here are the 61 companies named in the SEC press release, followed by their trading symbol:
1. 3CI Complete Compliance Corp.
2. AHPC Holdings, Inc.
3. American Utilicraft Corp.
4. Austin Farms Inc.
5. BancPro, Inc.
6. Baxley Federal Savings Bank
7. CBR Brewing Co.,
8. Centerpoint Bank (Bedford, NH)
9. China Renyuan International, Inc.
10. Compass Plastics & Technologies, Inc.
11. Devonshire Consolidated, Inc.
12. Edge Business Services Corp.
13. Egghead.com, Inc.
14. Environmental Corp. of America
15. Environmental Fiber Technologies, Inc.
16. Extreme Motorsports of California, Inc.
17. Fidelity First Financial Corp.
18. Fortune Market Media, Inc.
19. Franklin Ophthalmic Instruments Co.,
20. Futurebiotics, Inc.
21. Geneva Financial Corp.
22. Globalnet Systems Ltd.
23. Icy Splash Food & Beverage, Inc.
24. Imaging Center Inc. (The)
25. InAmerica, Inc.
26. IndieMV Media Group, Inc.
27. Integrated Bio Energy Resources, Inc.
28. Interactive Brand Development, Inc.
29. ISI Technology Corp.
30. Isomet Corp.
31. Matinee Media Corp.
32. MediaBay, Inc.
33. Metricom, Inc.
34. Midnight Holdings Group, Inc.
35. Municipal Insurance Co. of America
36. Myriad Entertainment & Resorts, Inc.
37.Oxford Capital Corp.
38. PanAmerican BanCorp
39. Pennsylvania Warehousing & Safe Deposit Co.
40. Pipejoin Technologies, Inc.
41. Pogo! Products, Ltd.
42. PopMail.com, Inc.
43. Premium Energy Corp.
44. Relax Investments, Ltd.
45. Riptide Worldwide, Inc.
46. Rocket City Enterprises, Inc.
47. Rocketinfo, Inc.
48. Ronco Corp.
49. Silver Star Energy, Inc.
50. Sound Health Solutions, Inc.
51. Sovereign Exploration Associates International, Inc.
52. Sports Concepts, Inc.
53. Sports Media, Inc.
54. TMT Capital Corp.
55. UniMark Group, Inc. (The)
56. Verdant Brands, Inc.
57. Viking Power Services, Inc.
58. Vinings Investment Properties Trust
59. Washington Life Insurance Co. of America
60. Wi-Tron, Inc.
Zone Mining Ltd.
If you have questions about losses you have suffered in your stock brokerage account, call for a no charge consultation to discuss your legal rights.
561 391 1900
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.