List of Biotech stocks, with the 50-day simple moving average (SMA50) trading above the 200-day simple moving average (SMA200). (Link to original post)
Ranking of This List:
This list is currently ranked 176 out of 284 lists tracked by Contextuall.com, i.e. the company characteristics described below have outperformed 38.03% of lists in Contextuall's coverage universe.
Average Weekly Returns:
Average 1-Week Return of All Stocks Mentioned Below: -1.58%
Average 1-Month Return of All Stocks Mentioned Below: 3.63%
Analysis of List Alpha:
Number of Stocks in This List Generating Excess Return vs. SP500 (Beta Adjusted Over Last Week): 10 out of 17 (58.82%)
Number of Stocks in This List Generating Excess Return vs. SP500 (Beta Adjusted Over Last Month): 6 out of 17 (35.29%)
(List sorted by monthly performance, from best to worst)
1. Nektar Therapeutics (NASDAQ:NKTR): Engages in developing a pipeline of drug candidates that utilize its PEGylation and polymer conjugate technology platforms. 50-day SMA at 8.17 vs. 200-day SMA at 8.10 (current price at 6.99).
2. Santarus (NASDAQ:SNTS): Engages in acquiring, developing, and commercializing proprietary products that address the needs of patients treated by physician specialists. 50-day SMA at 9.50 vs. 200-day SMA at 7.34 (current price at 10.95).
3. Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB): Develops, manufactures, and markets therapeutics in the areas of neurology, immunology, hemophilia, and oncology in the United States and internationally. 50-day SMA at 146.45 vs. 200-day SMA at 139.83 (current price at 153.42).
4. Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG): Develops, and commercializes various therapies to treat cancer and immune-inflammatory related diseases. 50-day SMA at 77.05 vs. 200-day SMA at 72.87 (current price at 80.03).
5. Illumina Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN): Develops, manufactures, and markets integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function. 50-day SMA at 49.99 vs. 200-day SMA at 45.97 (current price at 51.85).
6. Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN): Develops, manufactures, and markets human therapeutics based on advances in cellular and molecular biology for grievous illnesses primarily in the United States, Europe, and Canada. 50-day SMA at 86.91 vs. 200-day SMA at 77.13 (current price at 89.29).
7. Arena Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARNA): Focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing oral drugs in the therapeutic areas of cardiovascular, central nervous system, inflammatory, and metabolic diseases. 50-day SMA at 8.75 vs. 200-day SMA at 7.08 (current price at 9.47).
8. BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ:BMRN): Develops and commercializes biopharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions. 50-day SMA at 45.28 vs. 200-day SMA at 39.30 (current price at 49.27).
9. Gilead Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD): Engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics for the treatment of life threatening diseases worldwide. 50-day SMA at 71.06 vs. 200-day SMA at 57.49 (current price at 75.85).
10. Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXN): Engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of biologic therapeutic products in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Japan, and the Asia Pacific. 50-day SMA at 98.08 vs. 200-day SMA at 97.57 (current price at 97.29).
11. Array BioPharma (NASDAQ:ARRY): Focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of small molecule drugs to treat patients afflicted with cancer and inflammatory diseases in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. 50-day SMA at 4.14 vs. 200-day SMA at 4.08 (current price at 3.74).
12. Ariad Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:ARIA): Focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of small-molecule drugs for the treatment of cancer. 50-day SMA at 22.36 vs. 200-day SMA at 19.03 (current price at 20.18).
13. Seattle Genetics Inc. (NASDAQ:SGEN): Focuses on the development and commercialization of monoclonal antibody-based therapies for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases in the United States. 50-day SMA at 25.11 vs. 200-day SMA at 23.61 (current price at 23.92).
14. NPS Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:NPSP): Engages in the development specialty therapeutics for gastrointestinal and endocrine disorders. 50-day SMA at 9.59 vs. 200-day SMA at 8.11 (current price at 9.7).
15. PDL BioPharma (NASDAQ:PDLI): Engages in the management of antibody humanization patents and royalty assets, which consist of Queen et al. 50-day SMA at 7.68 vs. 200-day SMA at 6.73 (current price at 7.45).
16. Affymax (OTCPK:AFFY): Engages in the development of drugs for the treatment of serious and life-threatening conditions. 50-day SMA at 23.85 vs. 200-day SMA at 17.06 (current price at 22.3).
17. Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT): 50-day SMA at 26.90 vs. 200-day SMA at 12.52 (current price at 26.1).