All of these Auto companies are exhibiting downward momentum, with the 50-day simple moving average trading below the 200-day simple moving average. (Link to original post)
Ranking of This List:
Based on performance data over the last month, this list is currently ranked 203 out of 284 lists tracked by Contextuall.com. In other words, the company characteristics described below have outperformed 28.52% of lists in Contextuall's coverage universe.
Average Weekly Returns:
Average 1-Week Return of All Stocks Mentioned Below: 0.20%
Average 1-Month Return of All Stocks Mentioned Below: 4.67%
Analysis of List Alpha:
Number of Stocks in This List Generating Excess Return vs. SP500 (Beta Adjusted Over Last Week): 3 out of 7 (42.86%)
Number of Stocks in This List Generating Excess Return vs. SP500 (Beta Adjusted Over Last Month): 2 out of 7 (28.57%)
(List sorted by monthly performance, from best to worst)
1. Johnson Controls Inc. (NYSE:JCI): Engages in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. 50-day SMA at 26.59 vs. 200-day SMA at 28.12 (current price at 29.22).
2. Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE:DAN): Engages in the design, manufacture, and supply of products for vehicle manufacturers worldwide. 50-day SMA at 13.57 vs. 200-day SMA at 13.60 (current price at 15.03).
3. BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE:BWA): Engages in the manufacture and sale of engineered automotive systems and components primarily for power train applications worldwide. 50-day SMA at 65.96 vs. 200-day SMA at 71.49 (current price at 67.5).
4. Meritor (NYSE:MTOR): Provides drivetrain mobility and braking solutions for original equipment (OE) manufacturers of trucks, trailers, and specialty vehicles. 50-day SMA at 4.38 vs. 200-day SMA at 5.30 (current price at 4.8).
5. O'Reilly Automotive Inc. (NASDAQ:ORLY): Engages in the retail of automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories in the United States. 50-day SMA at 88.07 vs. 200-day SMA at 90.49 (current price at 91.99).
6. Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA): Designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and advanced electric vehicle powertrain components. 50-day SMA at 31.01 vs. 200-day SMA at 31.23 (current price at 34.59).
7. Advance Auto Parts Inc. (NYSE:AAP): Operates as a retailer of automotive aftermarket parts, accessories, batteries, and maintenance items. 50-day SMA at 73.48 vs. 200-day SMA at 75.90 (current price at 72.9).