Once again it is time for a goals/progress update. I am pleased to report that annualized dividend income rose in April, extending the streak to 14 months after February 2009’s decline. Since I began publicly tracking annualized dividend income in November 2007, it has increased in 28 of the last 29 months.
|Div. Changes YTD||95||0.09%|
The above information covers the current month and year-to-date through the current month.
For the month, annualized dividend income increased $315, and Yield on Cost (YOC) decreased (0.02%). This month’s changes were a net of new purchases and dividend changes (no sales). Let’s examine each of the these categories:
Purchases: The $284 increase in annual dividend income and a (0.01%) decrease in YOC related to the following purchases (yield at the time of purchase):
- $126 Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE:KMB) 4.21% [Analysis]
- $56 Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE:WMT) 2.20% [Analysis]
- $102 U.S. Preferred Stock Index (NYSEARCA:PFF) 6.18%
PFF raised my YOC, while KMB and WMT lowered it. As noted in earlier updates, I generally expect YOC to drop each month since most new investments will yield less than my current YOC, and dividend increases will not be sufficient to offset it.
Dividend Changes: The $31 increase in annual dividend income and the 0.01% increase YOC related to the following dividend changes (a=dividend stated in annual terms, q=quarterly, m=monthly):
- $5 Kimberly-Clark Corporation (KMB) $0.60q>$0.66q
- $8 Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) $0.2725q>$0.3025q
- $4 Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CNI) $0.241q>$0.26457q
- $6 Genuine Parts Company (NYSE:GPC) $0.40q>$0.41q [Analysis]
- $12 The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO) $0.41q>$0.44q [Analysis]
- ($3) Intermediate-Term Bond ETF (NYSEARCA:BIV) $2.47a>$2.45a
- $2 Long-Term Bond ETF (NYSEARCA:BLV) $3.96a>$3.97a
- ($4) iShares Invest Grade Corp Bond (NYSEARCA:LQD) $5.65a>$5.60a
- $1 Realty Income Corp. (NYSE:O) $0.143q>$0.14331q
Sales: There were no sales in this month.
I am still on target to achieve my goal of an annualized dividend income of $9,500 by December 31, 2010. Barring some dividend cuts, annualized dividend income of $10,000 by December 31, 2010 is obtainable.
That’s it for this time. The next monthly progress update will be early June.Disclosure: Long KMB, WMT, PFF, CNI, GPC, KO, BIV, BLV, LQD, O. See a list of all my income holdings here.