QualityStocks'  Instablog

Send Message
QualityStocks (www.qualitystocks.net) assists publicly traded companies by getting their story out to the investment community while helping investors discover emerging companies with plenty of growth potential. Our name, QualityStocks, emphasizes our commitment to connect subscribers with... More
My company:
My blog:
QualityStocks Micro-Cap and Small-Cap Blog
  • Ivanhoe Energy Inc. (IVAN) Reports Successful Natural Gas Well in China 0 comments
    Dec 21, 2010 11:02 AM | about stocks: IVAN

    Ivanhoe Energy Inc. reported the successful completion of a natural gas well at the company’s properties in China.

    Ivanhoe Energy Inc. said that the Yixin-2 well produced natural gas at a peak rate of 13 million cubic feet per day, with average production between 9 and 10 million cubic feet per day during a 24 hour test period. The well targeted the Xu-4 formation and has been shut in to allow pressure build up.

    Ivanhoe Energy Inc. reported that the Yixin-2 well was drilled and completed on the Zitgong block located in Sichuan, China. The Zitgong block is approximately 660,000 acres in size and has been producing oil and gas for years from various formations.

    The Yixin-2 well was drilled by Sunwing Energy Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Sunwing Energy Ltd. is the operator of the block and holds a 90% interest in a contract with PetroChina Company Limited. Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company of Japan owns the other 10% of the block.

    The management of the company was enthusiastic about future wells on the Zitgong block. David Dyck, the Chief Operating Officer of Ivanhoe Energy Inc., said, “We’re very pleased with these initial flow rates. The rates recorded from the Xu-4 Formation demonstrate the discovery’s strong potential and are incentive for Sunwing to continue with further development of the Xu-4 formation, and other structures in the Zitong Block.”

    For more information on the company, go to ivanhoeenergy.com

    Please see disclaimer on QualityStocks website: disclaimer.qualitystocks.net

    Stocks: IVAN
Back To QualityStocks' Instablog HomePage »

Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.

Comments (0)
Track new comments
Be the first to comment
Full index of posts »
Latest Followers


More »
Instablogs are Seeking Alpha's free blogging platform customized for finance, with instant set up and exposure to millions of readers interested in the financial markets. Publish your own instablog in minutes.