QualityStocks'  Instablog

QualityStocks
Send Message
QualityStocks (www.qualitystocks.net) assists publicly traded companies by getting their story out to the investment community while helping investors discover emerging companies with plenty of growth potential. Our name, QualityStocks, emphasizes our commitment to connect subscribers with... More
My company:
QualityStocks
My blog:
QualityStocks Micro-Cap and Small-Cap Blog
  • Raptor Resources Holdings Inc. (RRHI) To Help Meet Global Demand For Barite At Dodge Mine Project 0 comments
    Nov 11, 2013 5:44 PM | about stocks: RRHI

    Raptor Resources Holdings is a holdings company concentrated on mineral resource acquisition, exploration, and development. Working through its two subsidiaries, Mabwe Minerals Inc. and TAG Minerals Inc., it aims to grow organically as well as through the acquisition of seasoned mining and mineral assets.

    One of Raptor Resources' current focuses is meeting the growing worldwide demand for barite. Barite is a naturally occurring mineral that is primarily used in the oil and gas industry and tapped for applications in the medical, automotive, and paint pigment industries as well. Estimates say 80% of American Petroleum Institute-grade (API-grade) barite is used in the oil and gas industry as a weighting agent to prevent well blowouts or shaft collapses while drilling operations occur. The remaining 20%, which is non-API-grade barite, is allocated toward the aforementioned multiple medical, automotive, and paint pigment applications.

    Worldwide demand for barite is projected to jump 16% for the next two years. In some areas of the Middle East barite demand is expected to increase by as much as 50%, largely due to its oil and gas applications. While demand for it is growing, barite is notably becoming an increasingly scarce mineral resource, furthering its market value even more.

    Raptor Resources is moving to meet this demand for barite specifically through the activities of its subsidiary Mabwe Minerals Inc. (OTCPK:MBMI). Mabwe Minerals is a publicly traded natural resources and hard asset company that focuses on the mining and commercial sales of industrial minerals and metals, with a primary focus on barite. It is currently engaged in activities at Dodge Mine, where it conducts its operations through its Zimbabwe parent/holding affiliate Mabwe Corporation Limited, which includes wholly owned subsidiary Mabwe Minerals Zimbabwe Limited and minority owned WGB Kinsey & Company. Mabwe Minerals' Zimbabwe affiliate owns 100% of the mineral and metal rights to Dodge Mine. Raptor Resources holds 90 million shares in Mabwe Minerals, a stake ranging around 64-66%.

    Dodge Mine is 123 hectares, consisting of 2.5 mountains, containing multiple deposits of superior grade barite, limestone, and talc. It is located near Shamva, Zimbabwe. Recent sample test data released in Mabwe Minerals' newsletter, MabweMessage, confirmed low Strontium (Sr) levels, as required for chemical-grade barite with additional samples meeting the brightness factor required for paint applications. Both market applications that command a price premium for these favorable attributes.

    The company is currently collecting test data from established third party test labs to support the final specifications of the data sheets required to support the multiple grades of barite present at Dodge Mine. Subsequently, the company's distribution arm, Steinbock Minerals, will begin the process of providing low volume shipments for final customer approval as Mabwe Minerals rapidly expands their customer base thanks to Steinbock Minerals established barite customers who are eager for new sources of supply.

    For more information regarding Raptor Resources, its subsidiaries, and its progress, visit: raptorresourcesholdings.com

    QualityStocks provides investor relations services to publicly traded companies in exchange for compensation. This article may be part of our efforts to widen a client's exposure. To read our full disclaimer, visit http://disclaimer.qualitystocks.net

    Stocks: RRHI
Back To QualityStocks' Instablog HomePage »

Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.

Comments (0)
Track new comments
Be the first to comment
Full index of posts »
Latest Followers

StockTalks

More »
Instablogs are Seeking Alpha's free blogging platform customized for finance, with instant set up and exposure to millions of readers interested in the financial markets. Publish your own instablog in minutes.