"In 2010, results from the 300-metre drilling program, on the La Ortiguita property, confirmed the potential of the silicified zone in the east part of the prospect. In 2011, a 2,300-metre drilling campaign is planned to test for mineralization in this area. The La Ortiguita property is located on the El Indio trend, in proximity to Barrick's giant Pascua-Lama and Veladero deposits. La Mancha is the operator and will own 75% of the prospect by July 15, 2011."
It looks like this drilling program on La Ortiguita is even more advance than we have thought before and some Assays are pending already. In addition to Los Azules story TNR Gold adds its active J/V model with La Mancha busy drilling at La Ortiguita. Lukas Lundin's NGeX is working with JOGMEC on TNR Gold's other properties including Batidero. El Salto and El Tapau have very interesting results and we guess that company is working on J/V for those projects as well.
April 08, 2011
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- TNR Gold Corp. (the "Company") -- (TSX.V - TNR) is pleased to announce La Mancha Resources Inc ("La Mancha"), the Company's joint venture partner on and Operator for the project, has decided to expand and continue the drill program on the La Ortiguita porphyry copper-gold/epithermal gold property, San Juan province, Argentina.
• Drill program expanded by 60% at La Ortiguita on positive identification of potential;
• Assays Pending; and
• Representative example of the Company's Joint Venture Business Model.
ONGOING EXPLORATION PROGRAM
Initially a 1,500 metre diamond drilling program was planned on the 'Silicified Zone' however due to the majority of the completed drill holes intersecting prospective altered rock and depositional textures potentially indicating an external halo of an epithermal low sulfidation system, the current program was increased to 2,400 metres. Assay results are pending.
In addition, an IP Resistivity survey was also completed over the 'Silicified Zone' in order to complement the previous magnetic survey and provide a better understanding of the geophysical response in the area as well as assist in target delineation.
ABOUT THE LA ORTIGUITA PROPERTY
The La Ortiguita property lies on the El Indio trend, close to Barrick Gold's giant Pascua-Lama and Veladero deposits. Exploration conducted thus far has targeted a porphyry copper-gold/epithermal gold system and has identified five distinct target areas for continued exploration referred to as the Zona Norte, Rio Blanco, Pablo, Pancho and the Silicified Zone. The Silicified Zone, the focus of the current exploration program, consists of an arcuate band of silicification approximately 300 to 400 m wide, extending over 1.5 km in length and is associated with an approximately 50 m wide shear zone.
In 2010, La Mancha carried out a 3,000 metre reverse-circulation drilling campaign on the property to assess the targets identified by geophysical and geochemical surveys conducted between 2007 and 2009. The 2010 program highlighted the potential of the Silicified Zone and following a strong recommendation to further evaluate the Silicified Zone evolved into the current exploration program.
To date, La Mancha has earned a 42.66% interest in the property and has an option to acquire a 75% undivided interest in the La Ortiguita property by spending $800,000 in exploration expenditures in 2011.
The Company is a diversified international metals exploration company focusing on the continued advancement of existing properties and identifying and acquiring new prospective projects. The Company has a portfolio of 18 active projects, of which 9 rare metals projects, including Mariana, will be held or optioned to the Company's wholly owned subsidiary International Lithium Corp upon completion of a proposed plan of arrangement.
The recent acquisition of lithium, other rare metals and rare-earth elements projects in Argentina, Canada, USA and Ireland confirms the combined companies' commitments to generating projects, diversifying its markets, and building shareholder value.
On behalf of the board,
Please, do not forget, that we own stocks we are writing about and have position in these companies. We are not providing any investment advise on this blog and there is no solicitation to buy or sell any particular company here. Always consult with your qualified financial adviser before making any investment decisions.Related articles
- TNR Gold: La Mancha Resources plans 2,300-metre drilling campaign on La Ortiguita tnr.v, lma.to, grc.to, ngq.to, rvm.to, mgn, auy, slw, cuu.v, lun.to, gbn.v, btt.v, mxr.v, ktn.v, epz.v, bva.v, bvg.v, ura.v, abn.v, laq.v,(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lukas Lundin's NGEx drills 701 metres of 0.67% Cu at Los Helados - stock soars 36% now ngq.v, tnr.v, lun.to, czx.v, pot, bhp, rm.v, lmr.v, sqm, fmc, roc, li.v, ore.ax, lit, tck, rtp, vale (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- TNR Gold: Los Azules: Minera Andes to spin out Los Azules into new company tnr.v, mai.to, tck, cuu.v, czx.v, lun.to, bwr.to, cs.to, imn.to, ncu.to, tko.to, wrn.to, qux.to, bls.to, bhp, fcx (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- M&A Watch: Canada Zinc Metals to start work on Cardiac Creek deposit PEA czx.v, lun.to, tnr.v, bwr.to, cs.to, imn.to, ncu.to, tko.to, wrn.to, qux.to, rio, bls.to, tck (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- TNR Gold: Los Azules: Minera Andes will invest US$30 millions in Los Azules. to fund a 30,000 meter drilling campaign. tnr.v, mai.to, tck, cuu.v, czx.v, lun.to, bwr.to, cs.to, imn.to, ncu.to, tko.to, wrn.to, qux.to, bls.to, bhp, fcx(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Los Azules lawsuit: Minera Andes MD&A: "TNR Gold claims properties underlying the Solitario Agreement should be returned to TNR" tnr.v, mai.to, tck, cuu.v, czx.v, lun.to, bwr.to, cs.to, imn.to, ncu.to, tko.to, wrn.to, qux.to, bls.to, bhp, fcx (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Rare Earths: TNR Gold Corp.: Seabrook Ree Carbonatite Acquired; Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario tnr.v, czx.v, lmr.v, abn.v, ura.v, rm.v, cgp.v, alk.ax, ng.to, abx, ree, avl.to, mcp, gwg.v, rm.v, clq.v, wlc.v, li.v, ggg.ax, ruu.v, pl.v, mdl.v, efg.v(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium, Rare Earths, Gold and Copper: TNR Gold COO interview tnr.v, czx.v, alk.ax, lmr.v, tsla, rm.v, nup.ax, srz.ax, usa.ax, jnn.v, abn.v, res, mcp, avl.to, quc.v, cee.v, sqm, fmc, roc, li.v, wlc.v, clq.v, lit, nsany, byddf, gm, dai, rno.pa, hev, aone, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Hard Rock Rush: Talison Lithium recharges Lithium Greenbushes Spodumene operations and TNR Gold digs into Lithium Moose project in Canada lth.to tnr.v, czx.v, lmr.v, rm.v, alk.ax, sqm, fmc, roc, lit, li.v, wlc.v, clq.v, res.v, ree, avl.to, nsany, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- RCR: Lithium, Rare and Minor Metals Fundamentals tnr.v, czx.v, lmr.v, rm.v, alk.ax, sqm, fmc, roc, lit, li.v, wlc.v, clq.v, res.v, ree, avl.to, nsany, f, gm, rno.pa, dai, byddf, hev, aone, vlnc (sufiy.blogspot.com)