Now you can slice and dice it: what will be the price for Los Azules and what will be the effect on McEwen Mining and, particularly, TNR Gold valuations and market caps. All slides are from McEwen Mining presentations.
Los Azules Copper Project, Argentina (100%)
Los Azules is one of the world's largest and highest grade undeveloped copper porphyry deposits. This drill seasons exploration program, with a budget of $25 million, was completed in April.McEwen Mining has begun work on an updated Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA), which is expected to be completed in Q3 this year. The updated PEA will be based on a significantly larger mineral resource. It will evaluate the possibility of (1) increasing the daily throughput; (2) producing copper cathode instead of a concentrate and (3) processing low-grade mineralized material not previously considered, via a heap leach. The advantage of being able to produce a copper cathode is that it would eliminate the contemplated slurry pipeline through Chile and would reduce Argentina's current export tax on concentrate."
In a separate release of Q-10 McEwen Mining has confirmed that new resource estimate on Los Azules will be released by the end of May 2013.
PI Financial Corp. Engaged as Financial Advisor for Sale of TNR Gold's Back-in Right to the Los Azules Copper Project, Argentina TNR.v, MUX
"Vancouver B.C., May 08, 2013: TNR Gold Corp. (the "Company" or "TNR") Is pleased to announce that it has retained the services of PI Financial Corp. to provide financial advice regarding the sale of its back-in right to the northern portion of the Los Azules copper project in Argentina. TNR has a back-in right (TNR press release February 5, 2013) allowing it to acquire a 25% interest in certain mineral concessions at Los Azules that includes the northern portion of the deposit (the "Northern Portion")."
McEwen Mining Provides Q1 2013 Operational and Development Update
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 9, 2013) - McEwen Mining Inc. (NYSE:MUX)(TSX:MUX) is pleased to provide a summary of significant developments and first quarter operating results during Q1, 2013. (All Amounts in US Dollars Unless Otherwise Stated)
- El Gallo 1, our 2nd mine began commercial production.
- Gold equivalent production increased by 31% to 29,839 ounces (17,001 gold ounces and 667,555 silver ounces) versus Q1, 2012.
- On target to produce 130,000 gold equivalent ounces this year.
- Cash costs totaled $885 per gold equivalent ounce. Costs increased due to the work stoppage at San José (which added $55 per ounce) and inventory adjustments (which added $60 per ounce). Lower costs are expected for the remainder of the year.
- Total sustaining costs totaled $1,507 per gold equivalent ounce. Costs increased due to development being ahead of schedule (which added $90 per ounce), additional exploration drilling at El Gallo 1 (which added $35 per ounce), timing of sales (which added $40 per ounce) and the items outlined in the bullet above (which added $115 per ounce). Lower costs are expected for the remainder of the year.
- Increased the mineral reserve and resources, including grade, at San José. Mineral resources are at record levels.
- At March 31, 2013 Financials: $50.6 million in liquid assets and no debt.
- El Gallo 2 received its Municipal construction permit. Targeting end of Q3 for remaining approvals."
Please Note our New Legal Disclaimer on the Blog, including, but Not limited to:
There are NO Qualified Persons among the authors of this blog as it is defined by NI 43-101, we were NOT able to verify and check any provided information in the articles, news releases or on the links embedded on this blog; you must NOT rely in any sense on any of this information in order to make any resource or value calculation, or attribute any particular value or Price Target to any discussed securities.
We Do Not own any content in the third parties' articles, news releases, videos or on the links embedded on this blog; any opinions - including, but not limited to the resource estimations, valuations, target prices and particular recommendations on any securities expressed there - are subject to the disclosure provided by those third parties and are NOT verified, approved or endorsed by the authors of this blog in any way.
Please, do not forget, that we own stocks we are writing about and have position in these companies. We are not providing any investment advice on this blog and there is no solicitation to buy or sell any particular company.