The fall in the price of Lithium batteries is one of the most important conditions for the Electric Cars mass market roll out. We have more research confirming that Lithium has became the core Energy Storage technology and Plug-Ins will be the driving force in this market.
"We are searching for the value among the bitten into the dust by the recent market panic juniors. Strong portfolios, solid management and special situations are the name of this game today as usual.
"With the advent of electric vehicles, consumers around the world have the opportunity to be less vulnerable to volatile price increases in fuel costs as well as inherently benefit the environment through a reduction in carbon emissions. As the cost per barrel of oil continues to increase in conjunction with the continued advancements in Electric Vehicle technologies, a 5 percent penetration rate is generally projected by 2020. This introduction of Electric Vehicles on the road and the larger scale lithium-ion batteries that supply the power, translates to a marked leap in the demand for lithium carbonate this coming decade. Where will this new supply come from? International Lithium Corporation is an international lithium exploration company with strong management, excellent potential, and promising future growth in an emerging industry."
Rechargeable Batteries Special Report - 2011
by Eric Loveday (RSS feed) on Aug 24th 2011
The automotive industry – more specifically, plug-in vehicles – will be the driving force for demand for lithium-ion batteries by 2015, surpass the laptop computers that today hold the top spot. That's according to a report from iSuppli, which states that lithium-ion's distinct advantages over other competing types of rechargeable battery chemistries will push it to the top in automotive applications. iSuppli says lithium-ion's lack of memory and availability in multiple shapes makes it a "particularly attractive" option for plug-in vehicles.
In a statement, Satoru Oyama, principal analyst of Japan electronics research for iSuppli, forecasted:
The last line is key and sure makes it seem that nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) is on its way out.Lithium-ion at present is much more expensive than alternative technologies, costing two to three times as much as sodium-sulfur, lead-acid and nickel-metal-hydride rechargeable batteries. However, lithium-ion pricing will decline much more rapidly than the other technologies, coming close to cost parity in 2015, and then becoming the least expensive type of rechargeable battery in 2020.
[Source: Smart Planet ]"
- Can Nanotechnology Improve Lithium-ion Batteries to Make a Difference for Electric Vehicles? (spectrum.ieee.org)
- Johnson Controls says it will build another hybrid battery factory(okphone.wordpress.com)
- A Better Lithium Battery? (scientificamerican.com)
- Advanced Electrodes for Better Li-Ion Batteries (technologyreview.in)
- Advanced Electrodes for Better Li-Ion Batteries (technologyreview.com)
- Transparent and flexible lithium-ion battery developed (gizmag.com)
- Global Lithium Deposits Enough to Meet Electric Car Demands -- Report(nytimes.com)
- Powered by LIthium: Barrons: A Big Bet on Electric Cars TNR.v, TSLA, RM.v, LI.v, LMR.v, CLQ.v, WLC.v, HEV, AONE, GM, GOOG, RIMM, NSANY, BYDDY, F, TM, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- CNBC: Electric cars: Nissan Leaf and GE Charger on air today. TNR.v, CZX.v, TSLA, Li.v, RM.v, LMR.v, WLC.v, CLQ.v, HEV, AONE, RTP, BHP, F, GM, GOOG, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Charge: White House to highlight electric car developments TNR.v, CZX.v, TSLA, HEV, AONE, LI.v, RM.v, WLC.v, CLQ.v, LIT.v, LMR.v, FCX, RTP, GM (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Honda Moves Hybrid to Lithium: Plug-in to be launched in 2012 TNR.v, TSLA, CZX.v, RM.v, LI.v, WLC.v, CLQ.v, LMR.v, GM, NSANY, RTP, F, HEV, AONE, BHP, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Powered by Lithium: Hyundai goes high-tech with Sonata, its first hybrid TNR.v, TSLA, CZX.v, RM.v, LI.v, WLC.v, CLQ.v, LIT.v, LAT.v, RTP, FCX, BHP, GM (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Demand: South Korea to invest 15 trln won in batteries to 2020 TNR.v, CZX.v, TSLA, HEV, AONE, RM.v, LI.v, WLC.v, CLQ.v, LIT.v, SQM, FMC, ROC,(sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Lithium Drive: Yamaha Goes Green With New Electric Scooter TNR.v, CZX.v, RM.v, LI.v, WLC.v, CLQ.v, LIT.v, ORE.ax, GM, TSLA, F, HEV, AONE, FCX, RTP, (sufiy.blogspot.com)
- Range Rover Lithium E-Range: World's first electric SUV makes its debut TNR.v, TSLA, CZX.v, RM.v, LMR.v, LI.v, LIT.v, ORE.ax, WLC.v, SQM, FMC, ROC, GM (sufiy.blogspot.com)