|From the latest communications networks to new security systems, and from major advances in medical systems to high-demand consumer electronics, OPNEXT INC laser technologies add the spark of innovation to a world of new applications. The company's industry expertise, future-focused thinking and commitment to research and development combine in bringing to market solutions that are ready for the next generation of laser-based products. Formed out of Hitachi, Opnext has built on more than 30 years experience of advanced technology to establish its broad portfolio of solutions and solid reputation for excellence in service.|
- 96% Barchart technical buy signal
- 13 new highs and up 89.85% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.04% and still climbing
- Trades around 3.78 with a 50 day moving average of 2.29
- Wall Street brokerage analysts have 2 strong buy recommendation out for their brokers to push
- Sales are projected to increase by 13.50% this year and 18.70% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 21.60% this year, 70.00% next year and 14.00% annually for the next 5 years
- Motley Foll CAPS members vote 223 to 16 that the stock will beat the market
- All Stars agree 85 to 8
- Fool notes that the last 4 articles by Wall Street columnists have all been positive
Jim Van Meerten is a portfolio advisor to Marketocracy Capital Management. He shares his knowledge and experience from over 40 years of investing in stocks, mutual funds and ETFs onBarchart.com in his daily blog -- Barchart Portfolio Blogs.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.