This morning while using Barchart to screen for highly recommended stocks that are having current positive momentum I ran acrossKinetic Concepts (NYSE:KCI). This is a company that is one of the leader in Vacuum Assisted Closure (NYSE:VAC) for helping wounds or surgeries heal. It's a concept to regularly remove fluids from a wound or surgical area to suppress infection and create a better controlled environment to induce quicker healing. The stock is getting noticed and has been having very positive momentum.
According to Yahoo Finance Kinetic Concepts (KCI)
a medical technology company, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, marketing, rental, and sale of therapies and products for the wound care, tissue regeneration, and therapeutic support system markets in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Active Healing Solutions, Regenerative Medicine, and Therapeutic Support Systems. The Active Healing Solutions segment offers advanced wound healing and tissue repair systems incorporating its proprietary Negative Pressure Technology Platform to meet the needs of specific care settings and wound or patient requirements. The Regenerative Medicine segment’s product portfolio includes biological soft tissue repair products made from human and animal tissue for use in reconstructive, orthopedic, and urogynecologic surgical procedures to repair or reinforce soft tissue defects or weaknesses. Its products include human-based AlloDerm and porcine-based Strattice in various configurations designed to meet the needs of patients and caregivers. The Therapeutic Support Systems segment offers a portfolio of beds, mattress replacement systems, overlays, and other products for critical care, wound care, and bariatric care settings.
There are many reason to follow this stock.
- 100 % Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- 11 new highs and up 7.84% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index is 74.18% and rising
- Trades around 53.81 with a 50 day moving average of 48.83
- Wall Street brokerage analysts including recently Collins Stewart are high on this stock
- 3 strong buy, 3 buy and 6 hold recommendations are presently published
- Sales growth consensus is 3.00% for this year and 3.88% for next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 7.90% this year, 8.40% next year and 7.57% annually for the next 5 years
- The difference between sales and earnings growth has to do mainly with acquisition costs/savings.
General Investor Sentiment
- On Motley Fool the general investors are showing a very positive opinion of this stock
- CAPS members vote 691 to 24 that the stock will beat the market
- The more experienced All Stars are even more positive with a 312 to 1 vote for the same result
- Fool notes that all 9 of the last articles published about the company have been positive.
If your portfolio is in need of an S&P 400 stock that is a leader in medical services technology this is a stock with very positive and current price momentum. Put it on your watch lists
Jim Van Meerten is an analyst for Marketocracy Capital Management.
He shares his knowledge and experience from over 40 years of investing in stocks, mutual funds and ETFs onBarchart.com
in his daily blog -- Barchart Portfolio Blogs
I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.