Today's Chart of the Day is Energy Transfer Equity LP (NYSE:ETE) and was up at the top of the Barchart New High list when sorted for frequency. Since it triggered a Trend Spotter buy signal on 1/7 the stock is up 17.40% plus even at that still pays a 4.57% dividend. High dividend stocks have all recently had great capital appreciation and ETE has been carried with the tide.
The natural gas pipeline MLP owns 8,300 miles of natural gas pipelines and 3 storage facilities in the US and also manages 723 additional miles of pipelines in Texas for others.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving average
- 15 new highs and up 14.31% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 80.16%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 55.17
- Recently traded at 56.40 with a 50 day moving average of 49.56
- Market Cap $15.79 Billion
- P/E 31.06
- Dividend yield 4.57%
- Analysts released 2 strong buy, 4 buy and 2 hold recommendations
- They project earning to grow by 18.50% annually for the next 5 years
- Financial Strength B++
Exit strategy: This is an income stock so watch both the capital appreciation and income. Consider selling when the annual total return gets below 10%.