Carriage Services (NYSE:CSV) was chosen as today's Chart of the Day for being right at the top of Barchart's New High list when sorted for frequency. In the last 20 trading sessions the stock has advanced 14 times for a gain of 32.24%. Since triggering a Trend Spotter buy signal on 12/31 the stock is up 63.44%.
If nothing is sure but death and taxes then CSV deserves a look as a provider of a complete range of services relating to funerals, burials and cremations, including the use of funeral homes and motor vehicles, the performance of cemetery interment services and the management and maintenance of cemetery grounds.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 32.24% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.64%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 18.77
- Recently traded at 19.40 with a 50 day moving average of 14.55
- Market Cap $351.33 million
- P/E 22.78
- Dividend yield .53%
- Revenue projected to increase 10.10% this year and another 5.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 3450% this year, another 12.40% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 28.77% for the next 5 years
- Analysts issued 2 strong buy and a buy recommendation
- Financial Strength B
Exit Strategy: Consider selling if you lose 10% or the stock trades below its 50 day moving average.