The Chart of the Day is Southwest Airline (NYSE:LUV). The Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/8 and the stock is up 38% since then. The 96% Barchart technical buy signal was earned by advancing 16 times and gaining 8.03% in the last month. The stock was found on the Barchart New High list after sorting for frequency.
They are a major domestic airline that provides primarily shorthaul, high-frequency, point-to-point, low-fare service. Southwest operates over Boeing 737 aircraft in numerous cities.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 8.03% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.48%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 12.41
- Recently traded at 12.64 with a 50 day moving average of 11.61
- Market Cap - $9.33 billion
- P/E 22.11
- Dividend yield .32%
- Revenue projected to increase 5.70% this year and another 3.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 76.80% this year, an additional 21.20% next year and continue to increase annually at the rate of 32.65% for the next 5 years
- Analysts issued 8 strong buy, 1 buy, 4 hold and a sell recommendation
- Financial Strength B+
Exit strategy: Consider a sell if you lose 10% or the stock trades below its 50 day moving average.