The Chart of the Day is Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH) and had gains in 17 of the last 20 trading sessions for an increase of 8.50%. The Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/11 and since then the stock is up 11.59%. I found the stock when I sorted the New High list for frequency.
The REIT invests in senior housing income producing real estate, including senior apartments and assisted living, congregate care and nursing home properties. Senior apartments are marketed to residents who are generally capable of caring for themselves. Residence is generally restricted on the basis of age. Purpose built properties may have special function rooms, concierge services, high levels of security and centralized call buttons for emergency use.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 8.50% in he last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.00%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 26.55
- Recently traded at 27.36 with a 50 day moving average of 25.33
- Market Cap $4.83 billion
- P/E 15.15
- Dividend yield 5.75%
- Revenue projected to increase 22.80% this year and 6.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to grow 2.90% this year, an additional 6.10% next year and continue to increase annually by 5.37% for the next 5 years
- Analysts issued 8 hold, and 2 sell recommendations
Sell if you lose 10% or the stock drops below its 50 day moving average.