Today's Chart of the Day Is Southern Company (NYSE:SO). I found the stock near the top of the list when I sorted the New Highs for frequency. The stock has 96% Barchart technical buy signals and a Trend Spotter buy signal. In the last month the price advanced in 17 sessions for a gain of 6.26%
The Company acquires, develops, builds, owns and operates power production and delivery facilities and provides a broad range of energy-related services to utilities and industrial companies in selected countries around the world. Their businesses include independent power projects, integrated utilities, a distribution company, and energy trading and marketing businesses outside the southeastern United States.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 6.26% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.76%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 48.05
- Recently traded at 48.58 with a 50 day moving average of 45.96
- Market Cap $42.47 billion
- P/E 18.24
- Dividend yield 4.04%
- Analysts predict revenue will grow 7.50% this year and 3.50% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 2.20% this year, an additional 5.10% next year and continue to compound annually at a rate of 4.80% for 5 years
- Wall Street issued 2 strong buy, 10 hold and 2 strong sell reports
- Financial Strength A
Hold until it trades below its 50 day moving average.