The Chart of the Day is Excelon (NYSE:EXC) and was right at the top of the New High list when sorted for frequency. It has both a Trend Spotter buy signal and 96% Technical buy signals. In the last month the stock hit 18 new highs and was up 9.57 and that is coupled with a 5.63% dividend yield.
They are an utility holding company. Their subsidiaries are engaged principally in the production, purchase, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to residential, commercial, industrial and wholesale customers and the distribution and sale of natural gas to residential, commercial and industrial customers.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 9.57% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 86.27%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 37.22
- Recently traded at 37.78 with a 50 day moving average of 33.76
- Market Cap $33.27 billion
- P/E 13.01
- Dividend yield 5.63%
- Revenue projected to grow 6.50% this year but decrease .70% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 12.30% this year, another 7.20% next year and continue to decrease 6.61% annually for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts have issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy, 12 hold and 1 strong sell recommendation
- Financial Strength B++
Hold until the stock trades below its 50 day moving averages