The Chart of the Day is Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO). I found the stock by sorting the New High List for the stocks with the best Barchart technical buy signals. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/12 the stock is up 20.57%.
It is a global Internet communications, commerce and media company that offers a comprehensive branded network of services. As one of the first online navigational guides to the World Wide Web, Yahoo! is one of the leading guides in terms of traffic, advertising, and household and business user reach. The company also provides online business and enterprise services designed to enhance the productivity and Web presence of Yahoo!'s clients.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 18.23% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.00%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 31.02
- Recently traded at 32.75 with a 50 day moving average of 28.49
- Market Cap $35.46 billion
- P/E 23.87
- Revenue predicted to be up .30% this year and another 2.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 28.10% this year, 25.60% next year and continue to increase annually at a rate of 11.78% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 9 buy, 19 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock
- Financial Strength is B++
The stock seems strong and on stocks as large a Yahoo! I prefer to use the 100 day moving average as my exit guide.