The Chart of the Day is Education Management Corp (NASDAQ:EDMC). Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/15 the sock is up 52.68%. I found the stock by sorting the New High List for frequency and then used the flipchart feature to review the charts.
It provides post-secondary education in North America and offers campus-based and online instructions to enable students earn undergraduate and graduate degrees, including doctoral degrees and certain specialized non-degree diplomas in various disciplines. The company offers education through the Art Institutes, Argosy University, the Brown Mackie Colleges, and South University, as well as Western State University College of Law, which offers Juris Doctor Degrees; and the Ventura Group, which provides education courses for K-12 educators, as well as courses and materials for postgraduate licensure examinations in the human services fields.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 30.38% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 80.11%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 10.30
- Recently traded at 10.91 with a 50 day moving average of 8.54
- Market Cap $1.35 billion
- P/E 23.59
- Revenue predicted to grow 1.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 50.00% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 14.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buys, 6 holds and an under perform recommendation for their clients.
Please monitor the 50 day moving average for signs of weakness.