The Chart of the Day is Cheniere Energy (NYSEMKT:LNG). I found the stock by sorting the New High List for frequency. I next made sure the stock had a positive gain for last week and last month. m In the last 6 months the stock hit 30 new highs for a gain of 45.21%. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/5 the stock is up 26.36%
It is engaged in exploration for oil and gas reserves. They are currently involved in a joint exploration program, which is engaged in the exploration for oil and natural gas along the Gulf Coast of Louisiana, onshore and in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Their exploration program combines the use of regional seismic data in shallow water areas of the Gulf of Mexico, advanced analytical technologies, a methodology that integrates geoscience and engineering disciplines, and a core of experienced staff.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals'
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 18.62% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.52%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 35.47
- Recently traded at 37.98 with a 50 day moving average of 31.32
- Market Cap $9.17 billion
- Revenue predicted to decrease 1.30% this year buy be up .10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 40.40% this year but decrease by 130.00% next year
- In spite of those projections analysts issued 3 strong buy and 4 buy recommendations to their clients
- Financial strength is B
Since the price of this stock is very dependent on natural gas prices watch he 50 day moving average very closely to know when it exit.