The Chart of the Day is Validus Holdings (NYSE:VR). I found the stock at the top of the New High List when I sorted for frequency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/10 the stock is up 9.52%. The yield of 3.07 and low P/E of 11.08 is attractive.
It is a global provider of short-tail lines of reinsurance including property catastrophe, property pro-rata and property per risk, marine and energy, and other specialty lines. Validus was formed in December following the significant natural catastrophes of 2005 with an experienced management team and an unencumbered capital base of approximately $1 billion.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 7.57% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.76%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 38.66
- Recently traded at 39.28 with a 50 day moving average of 36.39
- Market Cap $4.10 billion
- P/E 11.08
- Dividend yield 3.07%
- Revenue projected to grow 15.70% this year and another 4.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 73.00% this year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 15.58% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 6 buy and 4 hold recommendations
Watch the 50 day moving average for signs of weakness.